SANTA MARIA DEL MEXICANO
Santa María del Mexicano is a boarding school for the troubled youth and children of Mexico served by the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (S.O.L.T.). For over 40 years, Santa María has been a home and a family to the poor, disadvantaged, neglected, and abandoned youth of Mexico; the mission includes a home for the elderly who also come from challenging life situations.
The mission offers spiritual, educational, moral, vocational, and human formation to the most needy youth and elderly of Mexico. We offer the person and saving message of Jesus in a family environment – a Catholic atmosphere which appreciates and develops the gifts of each person.
The institution consists of five separate houses in and surrounding the town of Colón in the Mexican state of Querétaro. It provides primary, secondary, and high school education to all of its youth.
- San Jose: a home for boys in grades 1-6
- Santa María, Casa de Muchachos: a home for adolescent boys in grades 7-12
- Casa de Niñas: girls in grades 1-6
- Casa de Jóvenes (muchachas): a home for adolescent girls grades 7-12
- Home for the elderly and also the administrative offices